INCLUDED IN THE VOYAGE PRICE
Ship accommodation and all meals on board including tea & coffee 24 hours a day.
All ship to shore transfers via Bessie Ellen’s tender.
Instruction and safety gear including lifejackets, safety harnesses.
Fuel, mooring & marina fees.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE VOYAGE PRICE
Alcohol is excluded, you may wish to bring your own though we do offer wine, beer & some spirits for sale. Consumption of alcohol is at the skipper’s discretion for safety reasons.
YOUR HEALTH & FITNESS
If you (The Applicant) are suffering from a known medical condition or allergy such as Angina, Asthma, Diabetes, Epilepsy, giddy spells or a heart condition, which might suddenly incapacitate you, or you might be pregnant, or you have recently been discharged from hospital, it might be highly dangerous to go to sea – if in doubt consult your doctor.
If you are being treated with prescribed drugs for any of the above or other ailments, a doctor’s note will be necessary. It should state, in plain language, the condition and drugs used (see Booking Terms and Conditions point ‘10’). Your doctor should also advise you of alternative medication in case seasickness renders your regular medication ineffective.
You must ensure that you are carrying the correct drugs and dosage for the voyage, and that your doctor has advised the appropriate brand of anti-seasickness remedy to take. If you wear spectacles or contact lenses you are advised to bring a spare pair of spectacles for the voyage.
The Applicant is responsible for his/her property while on board Bessie Ellen. Any property left on board when the voyage is completed will not be the responsibility of Bessie Ellen and the cost of returning such property, if found, will be at The Applicant’s expense.
Travel Insurance for Cancellation, Personal Effects etc is required by all Voyagers. The policy must cover sailing holidays for the appropriate sea area.
Policy conditions & Exclusions
“Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Athens Convention, as enacted in the Carriage of Passengers, and their Luggage, by Sea, Domestic Carriage(Order 1987)”
Any claim may be notified by telephone and must be confirmed in writing as soon as reasonably possible to:-
Bessie Ellen, The Coach House, St Tudy, Bodmin,
Cornwall, PL30 NH
Bessie Ellen is MCA certified and her senior crew and skipper are fully qualified and experienced professional seamen. The Applicant agrees to abide by the instructions of the Skipper or duly delegated representative in all safety matters.
1. No voyage can be undertaken without a completed booking form and insurance details.
2. Travel Insurance for Personal Injury, Cancellation, Personal Effects etc is required by all Voyagers. Photocopies of your own insurance are acceptable provided they include sailing holidays for the appropriate sea area.
3. Deposits are 25% of Voyage Price, less any discount, if applicable, and are payable on booking if more than 30 days before departure. Cheques to be made payable to The Bessie Ellen and sent to: The Bessie Ellen, The Coach House, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL30 3NH
4. The remaining 75% of the Voyage Fee is payable 30 days before departure.
5. If booking within 30 days of departure all fees are payable on booking.
6. Cancellation by The Applicant.
Applicants unable to take up their booked voyage for any reason whatsoever must notify Bessie Ellen at once. If a berth is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the voyage 25% of the fees are payable. If the cancellation is less than 30 days prior to the voyage 100% of the fees are payable. Bessie Ellen will endeavour to refill the berth with a full fee paying customer and, if successful, will refund the fee paid less a deduction of £50 to cover administration expenses.
7. Cancellation by The Bessie Ellen.
Bessie Ellen will refund the voyage fee paid or accept it towards the cost of another voyage during the same sailing season at the request of The Applicant. Bessie Ellen shall not be liable to re-pay any other sum. Fees will not be held over from one season to the next.
8. Applicants are responsible for their own transport costs to the port of departure and return home after the voyage.
9. Due to the vagaries of weather or mechanical problems Bessie Ellen can make no guarantee of the itinerary of the voyage, including joining and leaving ports.
10. Any Applicant under treatment requiring prescribed drugs MUST present the Bessie Ellen’s Skipper or Mate with a Doctor’s Note stating, in plain language, the condition and the drugs prescribed.
11. The Applicant acknowledges that sailing can be a dangerous activity and agrees that Bessie Ellen or her representatives can take no responsibility for loss or damage or personal injury and that the voyage is taken entirely at the risk of the Applicant.
12. Applicants are under the authority of the Skipper at all times during the voyage and must comply with his/her instructions at all times.
13.Conduct considered by the Skipper to be disruptive, contrary to good order or prejudicial to the interests or safety of Bessie Ellen by the Applicant, or by other participants, shall entitle the Skipper to put ashore the Applicant in a port where adequate transport facilities, in all respects at the expense of the Applicant and/or parent /guardian, (including the cost of any person escorting the Applicant if so decided), and without liability on Bessie Ellen to make any refund.
14. If the Applicant chooses to leave the vessel for any reason before the end of the voyage Bessie Ellen will not be liable to pay any refund of voyage fees or travel expenses incurred in returning home. If Bessie Ellen incurs costs in escorting a minor home these costs will be passed on to the parent/guardian.
15. Bessie Ellen reserves the right to modify, curtail, or cancel the voyage in the event of adverse sea conditions, mechanical problems or other circumstances beyond her control, without recompense.
16. Applicants under 18 years must have written consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian.
17. Bessie Ellen reserves the right to amend these booking terms and conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected.