COVID 19 UPDATE – Voyage Deferals

COVID-19 UPDATE:

We have been following the developing situation with the Covid-19 pandemic and regretfully have made the decision to cancel our voyages  up until Saturday 9th May. The current government’s advice to ‘avoid all unnecessary travel’ and the ambiguous recommendations about restaurants and pubs throws our sailing plans into a grey area at best. We cannot, therefore,  in all good conscience, continue with our sailing programme. Notwithstanding, along with that the current restriction placed on basic goods in supermarkets would make it impossible for us to victual the boat for the voyages.

Here is where we stand to date:

For those of you who have signed on for voyages up until the 16th May we will communicate with them individually today to make alternative arrangements.

For voyages following 9th May:

We hope to stick to our planned schedules for  as best we can.  However we are realistic that we will need to reassess on a regular basis in line with how things develop. In this instance we will be in touch with those booked on later voyages 8 weeks before their trip start to talk through options

Our decision making will be based on up to date government advice/legislation, email discussions with you as the guests and regular communications with our fellow boat operators whom we are lucky enough to be in constant discussion with. These are unprecedented times and we can only try our best to make the right decisions and endeavor to keep you up to date as much as we can as things evolve.

Remember,  that this is a uniquely difficult time that we are living through, its a situation demanding community spirit, empathy and togetherness. Check on neighbours, ring those that’d appreciate a phone call, support your local businesses in any way.

Stay present but keep dreaming for the time when we can continue our adventures.

Leave a Reply