Food at sea becomes a vastly important part of the day and is as much a feature of your holiday as the sailing and adventures we have. Therefore, we love to create dishes that you are sure to enjoy.
We like to know where food has come from, so as much as possible, we source our ingredients locally and try to escape the tentacles of supermarket shopping. We believe that although the amounts we buy are not great, it is enough to help sustain local suppliers, farmers and growers which in turn leads to fresher tasting food and it’s healthier too! Recently we have become members of the Slow Food movement with the aim of defending regional traditions, good food, gastronomic pleasure and a slow pace of life. In over two decades of history, the movement has evolved to embrace a comprehensive approach to food that recognises the strong connections between plate, planet, people, politics and culture.
On board we can cater for any dietary requirements or allergies, and if you would like to talk to our chef, please do give him a call on 07800 825382.
- Selection of teas, freshly ground coffee and fruit juice
- Muesli and yoghurt with a fruit compote
- Selection of cheeses and sliced meats
- Various breads including rolls, rye bread and toast
- Fruit bowl
- Homemade conserves
- Boiled or scrambled eggs with smoked salmon
- Occasionally bacon and sausages
- Tea and coffee available throughout the day including home made afternoon cakes
- Chef’s pumpkin soup with coriander
- Freshly baked breads and feta tart with home made dill gravadlax
- Watercress and walnut salad with cauliflower florets served with lemon olive oil dressing
- Selection of fine cheeses with pickles and relishes with salami’s accompanied by olives and cournichons
- Seared scallops served with black pudding and roast apple
- Slow cooked leg of local pork with fennel, chilli and lemon juice marinade served with salsa verde
- Herb roasted beetroot, parsnips, red onion and carrots
- Creamy mashed potatoes with mustard and finely chopped spring onions
- Tart Tatin served with celeriac ice cream
- Local cheese and biscuits
- Coffee and homemade chocolates
We operate an honesty bar so can buy yourself wine, spirits or beer by the glass or bottle to accompany your evening meal.