Built in 1904, Bessie Ellen is one of the last ketches of an era now gone forever. Today, she sails on, giving sailing holidays in stunning locations to people just like you who are looking for an adventure at sea.
The old cargo hold has been converted into a cosy living space, using locally sourced timber to retain the traditional interior. Here we can sleep 12 guests in large berths as well as being the space where we can relax, read and eat along with making new friends.
The vessel is equipped with two large bathrooms, hot and cold running water and central heating. Bessie Ellen meets all maritime safety requirements for world wide sailing and carries all the necessary safety equipment.
What to Bring
- Shoes with good grip
- Rubber wellies or 2nd pair of shoes for wet weather
- Light rain clothes for ashore – ships sailing gear cannot be worn for hiking
- Sun lotion
- Clothes that dry quickly
- Mix of warm, waterproof and windproof layers
- Travel insurance
- Small first aid kit
- Camera / binoculars
- Soft travel bags. We cannot stow suitcases or rigid bags.
- Rigid water bottle. No plastic please!