So many of you have asked us to share our recipes with you, and this one was a favourite dish this year. Nikki made it up, but it is essentially a Mediterrenean fish dish, making the most of the fresh seafood available to us.
Ingredients (serves 6)
1 bulb garlic grated
Stick of ginger, grated
1tbsp ground coriander
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
White wine or vermouth – I use 1/2 bottle
2 cans passata
2 tbsp tomato puree
Any white fish or shellfish that your fishmonger has on offer.
1 kg mussels
Large bunch flat leaf parsley chopped
- Fry your onions and garlic with the ginger with a good plug of olive oil until soft.
- Add the dry spices, cook out for about 2 minutes staring constantly.
- Now chuck in the passata, puree and wine, the amount should be to make a good sauce and really depends on you – reduce down for about 40 minutes.
- Skin and bone your fish, and place it on the sauce and cover with foil to steam through until firm and not over cooked.
- Before the end of cooking, throw the mussels and langoustines on top and steam for a few minutes until cooked through, then throw on the parsley before serving.
- Best with local boiled potatoes with butter!